Last updated October 22, 2020
Summerdog LLC operates exclusively in the United States.
Information We Collect
We collect information from you in a number of different ways.
Information you provide:
- You may provide your name, email address, or other information to us when communicating with use through email or a contact form on the Site, for example with a question or customer service issue. We will not request and discourage you from sending sensitive information through email, which may not be encrypted.
- We collect your email address when you ask to be included on our mailing list, so that we can send you news and updates.
- You may choose to post reviews of products that you have purchased on the Site. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you will not be able to edit or delete the information.
- You may also choose to provide information through social media pages or accounts associated with Summerdog. If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others in this way, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
Information that is automatically collected:
- When you visit our website, we automatically collect information about the devices you use to connect to the Site and your use of the Site. We collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address or numeric identifier of your mobile device, and may automatically collect information from your device about your time zone, web browser, Internet service provider’s address, the website or search terms that referred you to our Site, and the date and time of your visit. In addition, we automatically collect a record of your activity on the Site such as pages and items you’ve viewed, items you’ve added to your cart, searches you’ve performed, and places on the site you have clicked.
- When you fill out a form, in addition to the data shown in the form, we collect your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection, and your comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Information collected by third parties:
- If you make a payment, our third-party payment providers including, for example, Paypal, may take your payment information on our behalf and process it. Our payment providers may supply information back to us in order to perform business functions such as confirming your purchase and allowing us to fulfill your order. We encourage you to visit the privacy policies of our payment providers to understand their privacy practices, which may differ from ours.
- When you join our mailing list and open a mail, our email marketing provider collects information about your location (via IP address), the time that you open the mail, and what you click on in the mail.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use information to:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Customize the advertising and content that you see on our Site;
- Facilitate use of our Site;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Analyze use of and improve our Site, products, and other services;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our Site;
- Enforce our Terms of Service.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information automatically using the following technologies:
- Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track the online movements of users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive or device, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in e-mail) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages, and to understand usage patterns.
- Log files track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
Who we share your INFORMATION with
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other Affiliate businesses; and
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our customers.
We may share aggregated, non-personal information in any of the above situations and also with advertisers and others.
How long we retain your data
When you create an account on the Site, place an order, or leave a review, we will retain that information unless and until you request that we delete this information.
For users that register for an account on the Site, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this Site, or have left reviews, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to use certain features of our Site;
- To stop receiving promotional e-mails or newsletters from us by modifying your e-mail subscription settings;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our Site may not function properly;
Do not track:
We currently do not change our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser. For more information about “Do Not Track,” please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
How We Protect Your PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented technological, procedural, and physical measures to safeguard the security of the personal information under our control. For example, we use encryption technology when receiving and transferring your payment information on our Site. However, no security measures are perfect, and we cannot promise that your personal information or communications are completely secure. You use our Site and related services at your own risk.
What data breach procedures we have in place
As a Colorado business, we operate under Colorado law. Under Colorado law, if an individual’s personal information is part of a breach, they must be notified within 30 days after discovery. Notification requirements include telling affected individuals which data was released and the estimated date of the breach.
Each business must also develop a Written Information Security Policy (WISP) for document destruction when data is no longer needed. One needs to perform due diligence on your vendors who handle personal information to make sure they have appropriate security procedures in place. Finally one must perform employee training on one’s Written Information Security Policy (WISP) required in the law.
Attn: Privacy Manager
8716 Arapahoe Road
Boulder, CO 80303